Earring time

Guess who got her ears pierced for the first time. That's right! I did!

'Why now' you ask? Some of you may recall when I first wanted to pierce my ears I wasn't allowed to because I wasn't 12 years old (that's the Meyers minimum age for ear piercings, thanks to Alicia). By the time I was "old enough," soccer was way more appealing to me than having pierced ears. I had to choose one or the other and clearly soccer won out. After that I forgot about it...

And then there were roommates. Two years ago my roommates convinced me that it was time I pierce my ears. At least three times since that day my ear-piercing plans have been foiled--until yesterday. I drove myself and my best friend Jamie Lee down to the mall. I walked in that pre-teen jewelry store, picked out the earrings I wanted, signed my name on the line, held my breath, and bat-a-bing bat-a-boom. Pierced ears. I was so good that I even got my sucker at the end. An orange one.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef