School DaYs

This weekend I participated in a stake musical. It was written by a young lady in my ward. She got some help orchestrating about half the songs from two other people who are studying music composition in my ward (one of which is my FHE brother, which is great). It went well and it was fun to play in the orchestra.

With a cast of approximately 30 and an orchestra pit of 12 it all came together Friday night and was much smoother than anyone imagined. My favorite songs to play were the beginning overture and the theme again in the ending credits. I also really liked a song about the beginning of the gold and green ball. The geeky character turns out to be a great dancer and gets the girl.

Wish I could share the music with you. How about you listen to some good show tunes today and think of me. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef