Goodbye grounds crew
I bit the bullet and did it. I stopped working my grounds job. The reasons why it was hard to quit are the following: I liked working for my foreman; our crew is great; our location can't be beat; and working outside is just the best--sunshine, soil, a mountain backdrop, the smells, the sense of accomplishment after manual labor... I have many sweet memories.
I talked to dad about quitting a couple weeks ago because I am so busy with school this semester. He thought it was a good idea. It took me a week to finally tell Mike, my foreman though. On Friday we had a big barb-e-cue with 4 or 5 other crews. It was a fun way to finish.
As much as I liked working, I really liked being able sleep in this morning and have a productive morning at home. I studied for a couple hours, worked on biology stuff for a couple hours, went running, ate a good lunch at home, did laundry, de-junked my closet, and then went to class at 3:30. Not a bad day.
I talked to dad about quitting a couple weeks ago because I am so busy with school this semester. He thought it was a good idea. It took me a week to finally tell Mike, my foreman though. On Friday we had a big barb-e-cue with 4 or 5 other crews. It was a fun way to finish.
As much as I liked working, I really liked being able sleep in this morning and have a productive morning at home. I studied for a couple hours, worked on biology stuff for a couple hours, went running, ate a good lunch at home, did laundry, de-junked my closet, and then went to class at 3:30. Not a bad day.
Comments
Post a Comment