Learning from Prophets

Here is the link to the highlights from General Conference.  It is about 15 minutes long and is a great summary of the talks that will be printed in the Ensign next month.  I love General Conference because of the blessings I get from watching it: I always feel Heavenly Father's love for me, receive insights about my life and what I need to do, and just in general have a clearer, more-optimistic perspective.  This time I watched it in my apt with some of my roommates and friends; Kim came over for a session too.

Obviously we can learn from what old prophets have given for us to read as well.  I'm studying the Old Testament at school this semester in addition to Sunday School this year.  (And I get to teach about it in Sunday School.)  It's a great book.  I was reading in Genesis this morning about Lot and it reminded me of a talk by Elder Holland entitled, "Remember Lot's Wife."  It's a great talk and worth reading or rereading.  I particularly like the following quote from that devotional:

"...When we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead, we remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives."


It's so applicable to my life right now.  I have had many blessings and good experiences but the point is to be obedient and move forward with life and trust that there are future blessings even greater than previous ones.  Faith points us forward, not backward.  The best is yet to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef