Harvest time...

We have really, really nice neighbors. We were given almost all of these fruits and vegetables over the weekend (all except the potatoes and bananas that I had bought). The huge zucchini is from our great next door neighbor. She's lived here for 50 years (in the house next to ours). She's an immigrant from Switzerland. She's so pleasant and is a genuinely happy old person. I admire her a lot. I think her zucchini's a little too big to be enjoyed with dinner, but I think it'll still make good zucchini bread.

The cucumbers, yellow squash, and green chilis are from our neighbors just behind us. They'll chat with us while we do yard work and they like sharing vegetables with us from their garden. The other squash, zucchini, (some) tomatoes, corn, peaches, and nectarines are from our neighbors across the busy street (not the Schmidts). We don't see them very often because they're in a different ward; but we got to talking several times because Matt and I sometimes walk by when we're going to the park. Russ brought it all over Saturday afternoon when we were attempting to pull out the bushes in our front yard. He also stopped by again yesterday with another box of peaches and nectarines. It's hard to eat them fast enough.

And then last but not least, we got a few more tomatoes from one of my favorites families on our street. Two of the smallest kids came riding down on their power wheels with a bag full of tomatoes and asked if we wanted some. Funny kids.

So this is what our table looked like by Saturday afternoon...


Oh, and by the way, those little cherry tomatoes are from our plant. We ate most of them before I thought about taking a picture of it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef