Life lately

Everything is growing lately--Madeleine, the garden, and the pile of dirty dishes in the kitchen.  Hopefully I'll reverse the dish trend while the other two continue in their regular pattern.

Can you tell she's growing?
We went to the pediatrician for Mattie's two-month check up on Monday.  She's gained three pounds and grown four inches since she was born.  That's some serious growth.  She's starting to feel more like a baby and less like a newborn.  I don't mind because it means she's starting to become more regular, sleep longer, smile more and coo a lot.

She wasn't very cooperative at this point and just wanted to be held.  This was the best photo I got.
Matt was taking pictures during bath time the other night and got some pretty good ones.  I really like that you can see the water trickling onto her hair in this first one.

Madeleine LOVES the bath and is almost always happy and relaxed while she's in the water.  Getting out of the water is a different story though...

Will her eyes be blue or brown?

From left to right, front to back we have spinach, corn, okra, carrots, green onions, green beans, and cherry tomatoes that you can't really see in this picture

We have a cucumber plant on the left, a bunch of tomoto plants in the middle, and two rows of lettuce on the right

Our little squash plant is growing really slowly

At the risk of embarrassing Matt, I took a picture of the note he left me on the table this morning.  I feel like I've been much more irritable since Madeleine has been born but he is patient, loving, and very helpful.  And thoughtful!

This has been my most recent project.  I don't know why some projects sit on my sewing table for more than a year and other projects get mostly done within a week, but this is one of the latter kinds of projects.  It's a baby blanket for a friend.  

Comments

  1. Oh NO! She's all grown up and SO beautiful! I love her. It's amazing how different she looks. Doesn't even look like the same child. I'm dying to hold her. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef