Life lately: photo shoot-continued, the river trail, reading and misc sewing projects
Here are a few more pictures from our little photo shoot a week or two ago. She was very happy to be taken out of the dress and have her yellow and white onesie put back on. It's a lot easier for her and me when she's wearing regular clothes, even though this and the other Sunday dresses she has are beautiful.
| I love this picture. She was staring up at the fan while I changed her out of the blessing dress and back into regular clothes. |
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last weekend M&M and I went for a walk in the canyon along the river trail. It had been rainy that day and the weather forecast said the high was only 65, hence the sweatshirt Matt is wearing. It wasn't cold at all actually, it was actually still warm.
| Madeleine was trying to pick her head up here. Sometimes she just doesn't want to recline and she is anxious to be able to move on her own. |
Side note: one day last week I was holding Madeleine on my lap while Matt and I ate dinner. She watched every bite of food go from my plate up to my mouth. I think she really wants to participate in eating with us during mealtimes. She's little but she understands a lot and already wants to be everywhere Matt and I go and do whatever we're doing.
| It's me. Its the reflection off of my dirty window at the river trail. |
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
| Matt's feet were cold on Sunday. The laundry was in the midst of being folded out in the great room so he looked for socks. He only found one of his but there were plenty of Madeleine's. |
I started reading President Hinckley's biography a few days ago. I was reading yesterday and really liked this part: "The children [he and his siblings] had the assurance that their parents loved them, believed in them, and regarded them as assets rather than liabilities." I hope I always think and treat Madeleine and our subsequent children like they are my greatest assets and not ever as liabilities, particularly because, well, they are.
Last but not least, I've been working on a handful of sewing projects lately. Madeleine and I have been visiting some of the local fabric stores lately instead of going to JoAnn's and I for one am pleased with what I've found. I think I'm going to be busy with my sewing projects for a while:
That pretty much sums up what I've been up to lately; that and dreaming about swimming at the beach in Florida and holding my newest niece or nephew. :)
Niece
ReplyDeleteor
nephew?
My guess is niece!
ReplyDelete