Whole Grains
I may have blogged about the whole grains council a while back but it's worth repeating. They have a great website with a lot of really good recipes with whole grains. I was thinking a few minutes ago that I wanted to find a good whole grains oatmeal bread recipe or other recipe ideas that seemed appealing with oatmeal in it. I thought of the whole grains council.
Interesting facts about whole grains:
1. Whole grains provide quite a bit of fiber, especially compared to similar grain products that are NOT whole grains. In addition to fiber, they are often a good source of protein too. Did you know that?
2. Popcorn and tortilla chips are whole grain foods, among many others. It isn't just wheat bread... :)
3. Incorporating whole grains into your nutritional meal plan helps prevent chronic diseases as well as gives you more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (wholes grains are often times an even better source of these things compared to fruits and veges which boast their antioxidant or V&M value).
If you want to know what counts as whole grains and get ideas for consuming more of them check out the whole grains council website, www.wholegrainscouncil.org.

Comments
Post a Comment