Activities lately
Last week Maddie and I hung out around the house a lot but that's actually been pretty unusual for us on the overall these days. I thought I would do a random picture post and share a few of the things we've been up to.
1. Stealing others' shoes. Madeleine wears Kimmy's shoes. Madeleine wears any shoes she finds lying around the house actually.
Sometimes I go to the door (where I usually take my shoes off) and I only find one of the shoes in the pair due to Maddie carrying off the other one to some remote corner. I don't mind though. She loves shoes and I don't blame her.
2. The Kimmo. When Kimmy isn't at school, the testing center, or at one of her three jobs we love to invite her over to hang out with us. This is the face Maddie made when I asked her to smile. The goose.
Speaking of geese: Matt tagged me yesterday to finish up Madeleine's bath time. My back was starting to hurt from sitting on the edge of the tub, slightly bent over, for at least 20 minutes. I like to let Maddie play for as long as she wants in the bath but Matt is more business-like about it. So she played for an extra minute with him and then he opened the drain to let the water out. She wasn't finished playing and so she closed it up and said, "you goose--dad." I laughed really hard.
3. Looking/standing in the window. We often watch all the neighbor kids walk to and from school most days. We are lucky when we catch Mya, an 11-year-old who lives a few houses up from us. She's been coming over after school a lot the past month and playing with Maddie until she's summoned home for either swim practice or dinner time. Madeleine adores her probably about as much as she adores her Auntie Kimmy--which is a lot.
4. Play dates with friends. A couple weeks ago we had a number of back-to-back play dates. We went to the duck pond at BYU with Meleah, Steve, Aaron, and Sarah along with Aunt Kristen. Then we played with Steve again a few days later. The next day we met up with Aunt Alisa and Lincoln, Will, and Philip at a play ground. And the following day we went to my old roommate, Jackie's house and played with Thomas who is about 6 months younger than Madeleine. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures with our friends from those days.
I remembered to take a picture right as Maddie was getting in the car after playing with Lincoln and Will. Do you see the tall swirly slide? That was her favorite. She's big enough now that she can mostly go anywhere on the playground without my help. She made me nervous the first time she went up there without me though. :)
5. Play at the park. We've also just been going to our park down the hill from our house. Matt often meets up with us at lunch or in the late afternoon when he's coming home from work. Some days have been chilly but others have been very pleasant and springtime-like. This particular day was chilly.
6. Indoor slides. On the days we haven't met up with friends or gone somewhere interesting we usually end up making a slide out of the sofa cushions. She runs up and down them and giggles when she tumbles off her feet. There are occasional bonks but they are rare and are on soft things. When she's tired or irritable the slightest bonk can seem like the end of the world though. I'm sure all parents who have had a toddler understands what I am talking about.
Did you notice that she's wearing the orange shorts on top of her pink pants? They had the elastic waist in but the legs still hadn't been hemmed.
7. Thanksgiving Point. Last Saturday we met up with Grandma Melory and Meleah at the gardens in Thanksgiving Point. Both girls loved it, especially the secret garden. It made me excited to read the book someday with Madeleine. I told Grandma it would be fun to have a movie night and watch it with Meleah once she reads the book.
We had a couple fun videos Matt took on my phone but I haven't figured out how to get them on to my blog yet.





Comments
Post a Comment