Etsy

So, a few months ago I opened a Etsy shop.  I love to make clothes.  Like, really, I love it.  It is so satisfying to make something that is cute and comfortable for myself or for the girls.  One day I was talking to Matt about how I'd like to design and make more children's clothes--both for Maddie and Lucy and also to try to sell.  So he said I should open an Etsy shop.

Well this last Sunday afternoon I was looking at my phone and I saw a Etsy notification on it.  I clicked and my heart skipped a beat--I had actually sold something.  I smile as I write it.  It's not a huge deal but it was significant to me.  Somebody else liked one of my baby shirts enough to buy it.  With real money.  :)

So Maddie and Lucy and I headed to BYU Monday morning to print (our old printer isn't working anymore) a thank you note and the shipping label from Cougar Creations and then handed that brown paper package over to the nice boy at the mail office down the hall.

And then I came home and finished the dozen more shirts I've had three-quarters of the way done for a month and a half.  Hahaha.

I'm not sure what my goals are for my little Etsy shop.  I would at least like to recoup the $500 investment money Matt and I decided I could have to buy a bunch of beautiful (but expensive) organic cotton fabric (at least it was wholesale, right?).  Oh I love fabric.  I'd love to make enough money selling kids clothes to support my own sewing hobbies, and make the girls clothes anytime I feel like it, or make gifts anytime I want to, plus a little--just to let it grow.  I don't know what we would do with it.  Probably save it.  At least for a long time.

So here is what sold: 



I should post a few more pictures of things I've made for Maddie or Lucy lately.  Some of them I've doubled or tripled so I'd have extras to post to Etsy and some things are just for them (like Maddie's swimsuit for this summer).  I'll keep you posted.



Comments

  1. Christy! That is so exciting! I want to see your etsy page! What is is called, so I can find it? I love that little elephant shirt, such cute fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah!
      Here's the link: onepartrain.etsy.com

      Thanks for being excited with me! :)

      See you soon,
      Christy

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef