Learning

I had chicken marinated.  It was going to be grilled.  But our evening plans changed.  And the next evening Matt and I were going out to dinner.  The next day I decided it was time for grilling.  But Matt didn't come home for lunch that day.  So I did it.  It was a little nerve racking.  I was worried about a big plume of fire igniting us all and the house on fire.  After making the girls watch me start the grill from the safety of inside I even got brave enough to hold Lucy while I turned the chicken over.  And I asked Maddie to take a picture (she took 13) of it so that I could remember the day I learned how to use the grill by myself.


Side story: The girls and I had been playing out back most of the morning.  They were helping me wash our Florida shells (they had been sitting in zipped up bags and were still stinky).  Poor Lucy kept getting wet though.  After the third change of clothes she demanded "any! any!" Without exaggeration, she probably told me "any!" about 50 times.  And it was one of those tender mercies when I was able to figure out what it was that she wanted with her one word declaration.  She didn't want *any* clothes.  :)  She loved being outside with just her diaper!  But I convinced her she at least needed a shirt and that's how she stayed until we finished lunch and came inside.  I love that baby.


***********************************************

I also (sort of) learned some of the rules of lacrosse this last week.  One of Matt's cousins is on the BYU lacrosse team.  We went with a bunch of Haggards and had a great time!  Melory invited everyone over to her house for sandwiches and food before the game and it was great to visit with them!

Cosmo (our mascot) was at the game and did a back flip over two of Matt's little cousins.  They thought it was pretty cool, I think.  And Maddie and Lucy were amazed.  Later on Cosmo was pretending to sleep on one of the rails underneath the bleachers.  Lucy couldn't keep her eyes off of him the whole time and kept telling me Cosmo was sleeping.   We're all looking forward to more lacrosse games!


Photo credit: Thanks, David, for taking this group selfie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef