Hello World


Lots of things have happened since I last wrote anything on the blog.  I'm not sure how to recap the past couple of years.  But I'll start by writing about Emily.  

She came last October, one day late.  It was a longer time getting her here...  Longer time waiting for her to start growing, felt like a loooooong pregnancy, and a long delivery.  Maddie's labor was 10 hours from first contraction to in my arms.  Lucy was three and a half hours.  Emily was twelve.  I really have nothing to complain about.  She and I were both healthy.  There were no complications.  I got to deliver with my favorite midwife in a lovely hospital with nice nurses.  And as with any baby--we were so relieved and happy to have her finally here!

I fell in love with her instantly (tender mercy) and was totally content to hold her and cuddle her all day and all night.  Matt came in to our bedroom one morning a couple weeks after she was born.  I just couldn't help smiling.  He asked what made me so happy.  "I just love holding her! (cue the tears) I could sit here and hold her all day!"  And I did.  :)  And I was totally in heaven.  It really helped that Matt took half days for the first several weeks.  He took care of the laundry, dishes, and cooking.  He took older girls out to play and eat and play some more.  She taught me to love, and I mean Love, newborns.  When we brought her home we felt complete.  She was meant to be here all along.  We love Emily! 

 

I wanted to do new family pictures as soon as she came.  I asked Alicia if I could pay for her airfare in order for her to do our pictures.  She thought it was a fun idea.  She was willing, too.  But the timing wasn't quite right (her busy season last fall and then Ben's busy season this past spring).  So I found a photographer in town that does "home sweet home" photography, Brianne Heiner.  I love the idea of doing pictures at home and remembering the sorts of things we like to do and the places inside and out that we live in. 


Although it was a family photo shoot I especially wanted to do it for Emily.  She is an angel. She's given me so much.  She's given our family so much.  And I wanted her to have beautiful pictures to look back on someday from her first year.  She makes life beautiful and she is beautiful.  A kind, loving, sensitive, caring soul.  She laughs when we laugh.  She cries when we cry.  She eats ice cream when we eat icecream.  She's strong, confident, and self-assured.  Her priority right now is the happiness of her family.  And she teaches me to focus myself on what matters most.  

To be continued....

Comments

  1. I've been clicking refresh for years waiting for another post. Today I'm rewarded:)!

    Glad to started with Emily. We love her too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef