2 hours 10 minutes

I did it! Pictures will be forth coming (thanks to Joe and Julie and Jamie's family who took pictures).

4:30am- woke up and got ready
5:00am- Jamie's Mom picked us up (she ran too)
5:30am- got on one of the 30+ buses at the Riverwoods
6:00am- arrived at the starting area up in the mountains
7:10am- race started
appro. 8:30am- pit stop for Jamie (the line was long so we were held up about 10 minutes)
approx. 9:20am- increased pace
approx 9:38am- started sprinting
approx. 9:40am- finished!
approx. 10:00am- ate watermelon, cantalope, and strawberry pancakes
10:30am- make french toast with J&J at my apartment

Highlights:
1. Jamie and I ran together for 11 of the 13 miles.
2. The sunrise in the mountains was beautiful.
3. Jamie's dad took pictures at several spots along the trail.
4. I felt great the whole time.
5. I still had energy to run faster for the last couple miles and sprint the end.
6. Julie cheered for me as I came around the last stretch.
7. Joseph, Julie, and baby Joseph were there.

Call for more details and check back for pictures. :)

Comments

  1. Official time is 2:19:09 so when you take off 10 minutes (Jamie's pit stop) I ran it in approximately 2:09:09.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef