Ode to Jamie

In honor of her impending graduation and wedding, this post is dedicated to Jamie.  

This was taken at her bridal shower a couple weeks ago up in Bountiful.  

This is a common site in 213.  Jamie studying, eating carrots and peanut butter with her water bottle near by. 


Here we on a Sunday evening a couple weeks ago.  We were matching: green shirts and white skirts.  Great minds think a like.  It surprises me how often people match.  Jamie and I match quite a bit and it seems like whenever I'm home I usually match Alicia or Kimmy, especially on Sundays.  I don't know why, but its fun.  


I bought milk yesterday and the "best by" date is Jamie's wedding day.  I decorated the milk jug to attract attention to it.  She laughed at me when she saw it.  :) 


This is our closet.  We have lots of shoes and very little space to put them.  We also have lots of scarves, mostly due to generous families we both have that give us lots of scarves.  She has a scarf or two that I'm going to miss borrowing (in addition to the rest of her wardrobe).  


This is a quote from our quote poster in our room.  Here is the story behind this one in particular.  One morning last year Jamie woke up really early, like 5am or 6am.  She thought she had overslept and so she sat straight up and loudly exclaimed, "ai carumba!"  It woke me up and so I asked what was wrong.  She was really puzzled and we both figured out what had happened about the same time.  It was hilarious.  


This picture is from her bridal shower last night that AJ's family had for her.  In the middle is Jamie's mom.  It was hawaiian themed since Jamie's family is from Hawaii (and Portugal).  


This pretty much sums it up.  In case you can't read it, it says "Dear Jamie, I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much! Love, Christy."  I made this sign for her when she had gone home one weekend and I left it on her bed for her to see when she got home.  She's the best! 

Comments

  1. That's really nice! Roommates are the best; they become our family away from family. I'm sure you'll miss her!

    Also, I like your pictures. They look very nice.

    And, I like your headband/thing in the bridal shower picture with her mom. I've researched how to make them, but haven't figured it out yet. Will you teach me when you are home soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia! I was just lamenting to Jamie that I hardly ever get comments on my blog and then I opened it and saw that you had. :)

    And it was actually a ribbon in my hair. Sometimes it gets loose but if I tie it good enough it stays put for a while. We could try making some out of fabric though; that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef