23 Years
I had a fun birthday on Saturday. Here is what it consisted of:
Shortly after Joseph woke me up (8:15 on a Saturday morning--I'm in college, remember) I got a text to look south sometime that day. When I looked south, I saw some clouds and the mountains. I thought, huh, looks like it might storm. A few minutes later my roommates said, "Christy! Did you look outside?" This is what I saw the second time I looked south.
Around 9:00 Esther came in my room and sat on my bed and talked to me. She did the same thing a week ago when we were all home from school and work on MLKJ day. She and Kristel and Holly and Becca took me out to breakfast to Kneaders. I have great roommates. I should tell you more about them sometime.
When I got home from breakfast, this is what I found:
Pretty, huh? I thought so too. Kimmy called a little later and then Mom and Dad.
And after lunch Matt and I cleaned my computer with a can of air. We (actually he) took off the back then he gave me a lesson about computer anatomy. I learned what CPU stands for and how transistors work (actually the transistor explanation was more on Friday). As I type, there are no little specks of stuff in my keyboard to bother me. That is a great gift.
Matt made me dinner: Parmesan chicken, Jason's salad (it had fruit and nuts and homemade poppyseed dressing in it), rolls, and grapes. Perfect. I also got a couple really cool books about bread baking along with a 4 GB removable drive. He knows me well.
As a finale to the 22nd day of January, a lot of friends came over to my apartment and played games. My roommates made cake and cupcakes that were tiger themed. (Our apartment is jungle themed. It was that way when I moved in last August. Kristel's and my room is the tiger room; Holly and Becca are in the monkey room; and Esther and Gabi's room is the peacock room.) Here are some pictures from the game night.
Jackie and Ammon, Jared Starr, Karrae, and Saundra.
Meridith stopped by for a few minutes. Mary Finely, another former roommate came for a while too.
Esther and Jake (that's Jamie's brother Jake). I like those two a lot. Jamie and AJ were also there and stayed for a while. Jamie's due date was last Thursday and unfortunately the baby still hasn't come yet. Hang in there, Jamie Lee.
Kristel and Steven. Their big day is April 29. I love to tease them about tuning out the rest of the world when they are together. They're good eggs, both of them.
Cynthia Lew. Dad, she served a mission in Japan, like you. She came over after she got off work at the MTC and played games with us for a while.
Kami Orr, giving me a birthday hug.
Dan Hill, Chante King, Ammon, and Jackie. We played Sabatuer. Dan was a sabateur five out the six rounds he played. He got close to winning as a sabatuer several times, closer than any other times I've played. If you haven't played it before, you should give it a try. The more people you have the more fun it is (with a max at 10 or 11?).
Today is January 24th. Sadie's birthday.
Happy 3rd birthday Sadie!
Happy birthday. 8:15 is too early to call you?
ReplyDelete