No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency
This was a great book. Matt has the series and has read the first 5-6. He was interested in them because they take place in Botswana, near Zimbabwe, where he served his mission. The cultural details and descriptions of places are accurate, Matt says. It made him miss being there especially in his favorite city, Boloweo (sp? that's at least how its pronounced).
It's partly detective stories and also a lot about normal life in Botswana. There was one surprisingly violent and sad episode. I needed someone to talk to after I read it. Everything is resolved eventually, as a good detective book ought to end.
It's a pretty fast read, and you'll want to read the second one when you finish this one, at least I did.
It's partly detective stories and also a lot about normal life in Botswana. There was one surprisingly violent and sad episode. I needed someone to talk to after I read it. Everything is resolved eventually, as a good detective book ought to end.
It's a pretty fast read, and you'll want to read the second one when you finish this one, at least I did.

Great book... I keep forgetting you have this blog thing. Bulawayo is the city. My favorite city in the world.
ReplyDeleteLook at this:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/17051973
That's not a picture from the 70s.
And I love the jacarandas: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/17245290