Sewing clothes

Several weeks ago Melory showed me how to use her serge machine.  And in the process we made this adorable shirt for Madeleine.  I've been getting the sewing itch again for kids clothes and have all sorts of ideas.  I got a pair of navy blue corduroy pants from a garage sale and turned them into pants for Madeleine.  I think I have enough fabric to also make a autumn jacket too.  Maybe with some pink polka-dot lining?

Last week I took a few pictures of the shirt Melory and I made and the new pants too.





Since these pictures were taken I made the elastic waist band a little smaller so that they stay up better.  I love these pants.  These pictures don't do them justice...  maybe we will do a photo shoot another day of more new clothes once I make them.  :)

Future projects:

  • turn Matt's old jeans into 2T or 3T size elastic waist jeans
  • Melory's kid-jacket (she has a pattern that is very quick and easy that I'm so excited to try)
  • maybe a vest like this?   
  • I've also been wanting to learn how to knit... Madeleine found her old baby beanie-hats from last winter and tries to put them on but they are pathetically too small... so yes, knitting... I love textiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef