Lucy Beatrice
I started writing about Lucy a couple of times but never finished/published it. My reason is that I couldn't find the right words to describe this child and what she means to us. She is happy, alert, quick to smile, easy-going, pleasant, and strong. Very strong. I could tell that she was full of strength as soon as she was born and I don't really know exactly what how to describe it because its something more that I sense than I can actually see. She's physically strong but it's more than that too. Anyways, she is our child of light and happiness. I love you, Lucy B. Love, Mom.
And for the rest of you enjoy some pictures I took of her today. She is wearing her blessing dress in these first pictures, since I didn't take any last week on her blessing day.
A note about her dress: I wanted to make her a blessing dress that would be her own. Madeleine had a beautiful dress Melory made (and Matt's Aunt Kelly smocked). So I started looking at patterns months before she was born. I thought I had finally decided on a pattern and Melory helped me draft it, and redraft it, and redraft it again. But it just wasn't working for me. It was a wrap-around style with little buttons on the side, a rounded collar, and silk ribbon embroidered along the bottom hem. I went through about five muslin (practice) dresses in the ten days leading up her her actual blessing day. Melory came over Saturday morning and helped me cut out this very simple, easy, nice dress out of Shantung silk. I learned how to do covered button holes and sewed the buttons onto each shoulder Sunday morning. My mom and dad wend shopping for me Saturday afternoon and found the cute little sweater to go over the top of it. Don't mind the wrinkles... she drools... :)
It certainly isn't fancy and wasn't was I originally intended but it is her own--simple but elegant I think. And she's so cute she makes it look great.
Will she be long like her daddy and sister? Time will tell. I think her features are more reflective of the Meyers side, especially with her bald little head. She may have Haggard ears though. :)
She was jabbering with me while I was taking her picture here.
I cannot wait to see her again. She has changed so much.
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful, Christy!!! I miss her so much! You did a great job taking pictures of her; she looks great in her blessing dress! You are a great mom!!!!! And I love you all so much!!! It was wonderful visiting with you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
She's beautiful! Seems big and healthy and alert and amazing. Can't wait to see her, too!
ReplyDeleteOH, MY DO I LOVE THAT LITTLE GIRL!!!!!
ReplyDelete