Battle Creek Falls

Earlier this spring we took the girls to hike Battle Creek Falls.  It's in the mountain east of Lindon/Pleasant Grove and it about a half mile up to the waterfall.  It's a pretty steady up-hill climb the whole way but the girls did pretty well.  We took lots of breaks.  Lucy looked at bugs.  They both loved trying to convince me that they needed rocks.  I remember wanting to collect rocks when I was a kid.  But I also remember being particular about which ones I wanted.  They don't seem to care very much; any old rock will do.  And all the rocks will do, too.

Maddie used to want to just sit at the trailhead in a pile of rocks and gravel when we used to take her to hike.  She will hike now but Lucy wants to sit and play with rocks.  Fortunately, we can get Lucy up the trail better since there's a dad and big sister to chase up the trail.  But she still would rather sit and play in the rocks.





There is a cool little cave right before you get to the waterfall.  Matt and Maddie found it.



They showed Lucy and me on our way back down.



We were bears in our bear cave, roaring at dad.





Fun hike.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef