I met another Hoover!
Ben and Alicia this is for you--
Yesterday my roommate Jane brought a boy over to our apartment that she's gone on a number of dates with. She told me about him the other day so when he came over I wanted to meet him. I casually headed into the kitchen where they were talking after he'd been there for a few minutes. He was so nice--that was my impression of him. And Jane was enjoying his company which I liked to see.
Anyways, as they were about to leave Jamie said, "Well it's been a pleasure to meet you Wade Hoover from Heber." Then this conversation ensued:
me: "YOU'RE A HOOVER!?" "Are you related to any Johnsons or Harts?"
Wade:"Yes! How do you know my family?"
me: Ben married my sister
Wade: woa
[this part is a little jumbled but it covers the main topics]
me: You've got a great family! The Johnsons and the Harts are so nice. Auntie Nancy and Uncle Richard let me stay at their house for a week when we came out for their reception a few years ago, and they served their mission in Florida--
Wade: I was on my mission when they got married but I met her once. You look a lot alike actually.
Jamie: yes they do, at least from what I can tell in pictures of her since we haven't actually met
me: And I went to Natalie's homecoming
Wade: I was there too! Did I meet you?
me: I don't think so
Wade: woa, we're like family
me: yeah, like really distant cousins
Wade: yeah my marriage... [then something about Cody]
me: Cody! I think that's the brother I met at Natalie's homecoming. Oh wait, maybe not. I think I just saw pictures of him kite surfing when he visited Ben and Alicia
Wade: yeah he loves kite surfing
me: ...I can't believe you're a Hoover. Alicia talks about the Hoovers sometimes and how they are so adventuresome.
Jane: so wait, how are you two related again?
Jamie to Wade: you're Ben's cousin?
Wade: yeah
Jamie: so his cousin is Christy's brother-in-law
... and it continued...
Anyways, yesterday I met Wade. And as I side note, he makes good choices in girls; people don't come sweeter or more witty than my roommate Jane. ;)
Yesterday my roommate Jane brought a boy over to our apartment that she's gone on a number of dates with. She told me about him the other day so when he came over I wanted to meet him. I casually headed into the kitchen where they were talking after he'd been there for a few minutes. He was so nice--that was my impression of him. And Jane was enjoying his company which I liked to see.
Anyways, as they were about to leave Jamie said, "Well it's been a pleasure to meet you Wade Hoover from Heber." Then this conversation ensued:
me: "YOU'RE A HOOVER!?" "Are you related to any Johnsons or Harts?"
Wade:"Yes! How do you know my family?"
me: Ben married my sister
Wade: woa
[this part is a little jumbled but it covers the main topics]
me: You've got a great family! The Johnsons and the Harts are so nice. Auntie Nancy and Uncle Richard let me stay at their house for a week when we came out for their reception a few years ago, and they served their mission in Florida--
Wade: I was on my mission when they got married but I met her once. You look a lot alike actually.
Jamie: yes they do, at least from what I can tell in pictures of her since we haven't actually met
me: And I went to Natalie's homecoming
Wade: I was there too! Did I meet you?
me: I don't think so
Wade: woa, we're like family
me: yeah, like really distant cousins
Wade: yeah my marriage... [then something about Cody]
me: Cody! I think that's the brother I met at Natalie's homecoming. Oh wait, maybe not. I think I just saw pictures of him kite surfing when he visited Ben and Alicia
Wade: yeah he loves kite surfing
me: ...I can't believe you're a Hoover. Alicia talks about the Hoovers sometimes and how they are so adventuresome.
Jane: so wait, how are you two related again?
Jamie to Wade: you're Ben's cousin?
Wade: yeah
Jamie: so his cousin is Christy's brother-in-law
... and it continued...
Anyways, yesterday I met Wade. And as I side note, he makes good choices in girls; people don't come sweeter or more witty than my roommate Jane. ;)
That is really funny! You probably don't remember but Ben and I even suggested you date him back when you and Troy broke up the first time. All the Hoovers are so great!
ReplyDeleteLove the Hoovers. They are so cool. Tell Wade "Hi" from Ben.
ReplyDelete