My first time...
For the first time in my life I shoveled snow this morning. I imagined that it would be really difficult and tiring but it isn't as bad as I thought.
Here are some reasons for continuing work at the temple grounds, at least for the time being:
1. it's beautiful (the grounds and the snow)
2. I like the time outside since I'm most often inside during the winter months
3. nothing beats good old work, and to go along with that
4. I sleep very soundly after working hard
5. it's nice have an income
6. it's a great location, there are few places I'd rather be than at the temple grounds
7. if I want alone time to be in my own thoughts (or just take a break from the mental exertion of school) I have that option at work
On the other hand, I value my sleep and so I'm not sure how I'd handle going in to start clearing the snow at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning. There's a lot of snow in the forecast for the next week, so wish me luck!
Here are some reasons for continuing work at the temple grounds, at least for the time being:
1. it's beautiful (the grounds and the snow)
2. I like the time outside since I'm most often inside during the winter months
3. nothing beats good old work, and to go along with that
4. I sleep very soundly after working hard
5. it's nice have an income
6. it's a great location, there are few places I'd rather be than at the temple grounds
7. if I want alone time to be in my own thoughts (or just take a break from the mental exertion of school) I have that option at work
On the other hand, I value my sleep and so I'm not sure how I'd handle going in to start clearing the snow at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning. There's a lot of snow in the forecast for the next week, so wish me luck!
good luck! the trick is to get it before the ice! That makes it harder
ReplyDeleteYou have to wake up that early to shovel the snow? I hope you're skipping class to go home and nap afterward :)
ReplyDeleteNo Alicia I haven't gone in early--yet. Other students have gone in but I haven't been called to come in early at all this week (hallelujah). I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before I do go in early though...
ReplyDelete