Dr. Dromey
Some people say the darnedest things. My speech science teacher is one of them. He tends to think that most students in my major don't like the sciences: physics, chemistry, biology, anatomy & physiology, etc. That may be true. Many of my classmates prefer learning how kids learn to talk, how communication happens, sending/receiving information if you will. That's cool, but science is really where the fun is at. Dr. Dromey has at least one fan in speech science and that's me. Hopefully some of the quotes I've written down over the past month can give you an idea of just how funny this guy is.
"Computers can be devious little things... you just have to act relaxed around it." -Dr. Dromey
"It's alright I don't bite audiologists... unless provoked." -Dr. Dromey (in communication disorders all potential audiologists get put with all of us potential speech pathologists... they are sort of related but really entirely different fields... still, Aud's have to take our speech classes and we take their audiology classes. Dr. Dromey is obviously a speech pathologist.)
"I guess that's why I have a pointer isn't it. I'm not tall enought to reach that." (he was straining to point to something in the PowerPoint presentation--so funny!)
"You can say it--its not a swear word... (whispers)statistics." -Dr. Dromey
One time he tried using the voice recognition on his iphone and he googled his name "Christopher Dromey." He got "vista for bromine" as the result. I laughed so hard.
Dr. Dromey: "Can somebody give me an example of a high energy fricative?"
Dr. Dromey: "Anybody?"
Student: "Sh...."
Dr. Dromey: "I will not be shushed... but yes that's very good, sh"
(I almost cried I laughed so hard at this one.)
"Computers can be devious little things... you just have to act relaxed around it." -Dr. Dromey
"It's alright I don't bite audiologists... unless provoked." -Dr. Dromey (in communication disorders all potential audiologists get put with all of us potential speech pathologists... they are sort of related but really entirely different fields... still, Aud's have to take our speech classes and we take their audiology classes. Dr. Dromey is obviously a speech pathologist.)
"I guess that's why I have a pointer isn't it. I'm not tall enought to reach that." (he was straining to point to something in the PowerPoint presentation--so funny!)
"You can say it--its not a swear word... (whispers)statistics." -Dr. Dromey
One time he tried using the voice recognition on his iphone and he googled his name "Christopher Dromey." He got "vista for bromine" as the result. I laughed so hard.
Dr. Dromey: "Can somebody give me an example of a high energy fricative?"
Dr. Dromey: "Anybody?"
Student: "Sh...."
Dr. Dromey: "I will not be shushed... but yes that's very good, sh"
(I almost cried I laughed so hard at this one.)
I miss quirky teachers. But at least I have a quirky boss;)
ReplyDeleteAll very funny! I especially like that last one ;)
ReplyDelete