Furniture
Matt and I went looking for sofas on Saturday. Right now we have a large leather arm chair, a peach-colored one-man sofa from the previous owner, and a bench. So we decided maybe its time to invest in some seating.

We looked around and were aiming for something dark (Matt was thinking blue), long, detachable back pillows, soft arm rests for resting your head on (Matt likes to do that), and a textured-look in the fabric. And an accompanying love seat or oversized chair. So we looked around and found one or two that was partly what we wanted, but nothing we loved. I felt like it was a successful trip though, because we didn't really know what we wanted before we started looking and at least now we had a good idea.
On our way out of the store, we saw this beautiful sofa right in the entry way. It really popped and looked great. So we sat down and it was really comfortable. The arms were low and soft, and the back pillows were detachable (one thing I love about Joe and Julie's sofa is that we could take all the pillows off and it was really roomy as a bed; thanks for letting me come for occasional sleepovers, J&J). The fabric is beautiful, but it doesn't have much texture for disguising dirt or little people's spills. But its really a beautiful sofa. Matt and I love it. If I had to describe it in one word it would be... fun. It's just a fun piece of furniture.
Oh, its, um, red? Did we ever imagine we'd want a red couch? Will it become infamous as that red couch mom and dad got when they first got married; what on earth were they thinking?
Well, it also comes in the same style but in dark blue with a white stripe in it, just like the red one has a white stripe in it. The blue is safer, but we really liked the red. So we decided on red. For better or for worse, it will be arriving within the next few days.
Here's what it looks like, but the picture doesn't do it justice. The lady at the front of the store who handed out the sales flyers and greeted people was very excited for us. She gave me a hug as we were leaving and gave a hearty congratulations for choosing the red sofa. I don't think that happens everyday, even if she is a friendly lady.

Any pictures of the real stuff?
ReplyDeleteI like it. I thought from the initial description that it would look like a candy cane.
ReplyDelete