Making Timpanogos
The other day Matt made "Timpanogos" for breakfast. Timpanogos is a mixture of egg, flour, sugar, salt, and milk I think. And it's baked. Other aliases for it are german pancakes or houtinanny pancakes. It takes almost 20 minutes to bake so after he assembled it I went back to the bathroom and dried my hair. Ten minutes later, half-way through baking, I found this:
Alisa, does this resemble anyone else to you? :)
Matt's nephew, Lincoln, was in this exact same position and Alisa got a couple pictures of it. Lincoln was watching his cookies bake. Did Lincoln ever stop looking at them until they came out, Alisa? Matt literally stayed there the whole 20 minutes and watched Timpanogos rise up out of the pan.
My apologies for the blurriness of the pictures. Matt wouldn't let me just take pictures of him. I had to sneak up and try to take them quickly before he'd make a silly face.
And this is the end product. It was really good and Matt was very pleased with his work in the kitchen that morning.
Ha ha, that's too funny. Matt must have been really hungry. Here's the photo of Lincoln:
ReplyDeletehttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7aErIjxeZqM/TU9RMD31cRI/AAAAAAAABHI/JBLPdx_eSK0/s1600/linc_cookies_jan2011.jpg
This is one of Ben's favorite breakfast items, too. Happy to see yours was nice and fluffy. It's great with Jam on it.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures of the Timpanogos are great!
ReplyDeleteBut not as good as my wife's pictures of Timpanogos.