Politics

Yesterday at dinner Matt's dad was telling me about a speech Mitt Romney gave at Liberty University this past weekend.  It is only 20 minutes long and is worth listening to.

Here's the link to the audio stream: Mitt Romney speaks at Liberty University.

And here's a link to a photo gallery from the Washington Post on it: Romney's Commencement Address.

I'm surprised it didn't get more press coverage than it did and I wish that it had.  It's a great speech.  I am particularly pleased (1) that he defended marriage as being between one man and one woman and (2) that the audience gave so much audible support of it, (3) he states that the family is central to society, (4) he states that what we value is what makes or breaks a civilization and that we need to hold fast to the Judeo-Christian beliefs the country was founded on, and (5) how gracious he was overall as he addressed the graduating class of a university that reportedly refers to Mormonism as a cult.  Thank you Mr. Romney.

Comments