Last weekend the three of us drove to St. George with Melory to visit Grandma Carbine. When we got there we sat outside on the grass and enjoyed how warm it was (so warm that Matt went inside and changed into shorts and a t-shirt). I shouldn't compare but the day after we got home it snowed again... ah, well, that's April for us.
Anyways, Grandma got her taxes done that afternoon with Melory (the 13th--I think of Dad and just smile) and then we ate Thai food for dinner. All five of us went on a walk that evening. We were only going to walk one block but Grandma said, "lets go two!" As we walked she told us about the last time she walked that way--it was right before one of her hip surgeries and she got stuck. She couldn't keep walking so she rested on one of those power boxes, or at least I think it's some kind of power box. You know, those really hard plastic things that are about the height of a chair and aren't very comfortable to sit on. It was kind of funny but also sad. I'm glad she made it!
Saturday we went to a great little crepe restaurant in Santa Clara and ate outside on the garden patio. It was lovely. That afternoon we moved some things from her garage over to the neighbor's for a garage sale next weekend. I hope we were helpful. I think it's hard for her to decide what she actually wants to keep and what's okay to get rid of. All in all I think we helped. She's no longer storing an old lawn mower, 7 extra wrench sets (among other tools and odd parts), a stack of books and games and hoses and cords and ropes and blow-up rafts and some other things. I wonder if she really meant to get rid of one of her mirrors inside (she's got quite a bit of wall decorations but this particular mirror was big and heavy and pretty, as many of her things are). She said it could go, so we took it... but then she saw the big empty space on the wall and said, "oh my, you actually got that down? Dad said that it wasn't ever going to come down once he finally got it up there." And it was a challenge. But Matt got it down!
We left Sunday morning and stopped at Cove Fort on our way home. Madeleine did great in the car and the stop was perfect for her. She walked us all over the place and we met a really nice senior missionary. P.S. I think that mom and dad would LOVE serving as missionaries there. It's a really cool place. Okay, and now to the pictures...
 |
| It's thick grass, like Florida! |
 |
| There's miss photogenic herself. |
 |
| Senior grandma and junior grandma |
 |
| "I got a piece! Now, how did dad make that whistle sound with this stuff?" |
 |
| We have to do our traditional picture the day of departure. |
 |
| I <3 this baby |
 |
| Happy girls! |
Such great photos, Christy!
ReplyDelete