I've added a "page"

To the right of this post is a link titled "random family history documents."  I put it there because I want some of the documents I've found while researching our family history to be accessible on the internet.  There are better ways of doing that, but for now this is my solution.

So, for those who are interested I'd love help finding more information on Vesta Johnson's siblings.  Vesta Johnson was Papa's paternal grandmother.  She married David Morris Truitt and they had Papa's dad and several other children.  Vesta was widowed young (her husband died when he was 29) and she lived most of her life in Georgia although I think she was born in South Carolina.  She's a very interesting woman from what I've learned.  Anyways, Mom didn't know of any of Vesta's siblings but I found them on the 1860 US census in Carolina.  I want to find out more about them.  I'd love to have primary source records for any or all of them (birth records, christening record, baptismal record, marriage record or death record).  However, those can be hard to get and so obituaries, grave information, news about any of them from the town they lived in, land records, or other census records would work too.

Before I add the siblings into the Johnson family on familysearch.org I want to confirm each child's existence and approximate age with at least one other source besides the census record I found.

Whoever emails me or leaves a comment telling me you even tried (although succeeded is ideal) will get a hand-written letter or card from Madeleine and I, or some other kind of interesting post.

Good luck!

P.S. Mom, here is a link in case you have a hard time locating my "pages" in the sidebar: family history.

Comments