Sweet Home Alabama

For those of you who didn't hear, Matt and Madeleine and I went to Alabama and stayed with my cousins for about a week.  My mom and dad and Alicia and company drove up from Florida and met us there.  My parents stayed with my mom's sister and brother-in-law, Judy and Ken.  Alicia's family stayed where we stayed, with my cousin Wendy and family.

A little background: Wendy had triplets thirteen years ago.  When they were about six months old Alicia and I went to help out for a couple of weeks.  It was so much fun that I went back once or twice a year until I came out here to go to BYU.  Alabama, and Wendy and Tony's house specifically, became my second home.

Earlier this year I told Matt that we were way overdue for going to Alabama and we needed to go; he was excited at the prospect of meeting everyone that he's heard so much about.  They are southern through-and-through.  They love football and cheer for the Crimson Tide.  Uncle Ken makes the best smoked pork.  They all love good food and are great cooks.  They are the picture of southern hospitality.  They are so friendly and loving.  They have the best stories and are probably the funniest story-tellers I've ever listened to.  And when we went out for a girls night Wendy took us to the fanciest resturaunt in town which happens to be in a gas station... :)

 It was so much fun, yet again.  I think I cried every year when I had to leave because I just love to be with all of my family there and again this trip my heartstrings were pulling for Matt and Madeleine and I to stay.

Alicia took a bunch of pictures and posted them but here are a few of my favorites.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef