Happy 2-2-2, Happy 4th, and Happy birthday Kristen, among other things sewing
I made a shirt for Madeleine. I found a couple blogs about sewing, particularly kids clothes, and I am itching to try a handful of various ideas and patterns. This was the first one:
Meanwhile, Matt and I celebrated our two year, two month, two day anniversary. I think we might have eaten an icecream but I can't actually remember? I just know that I realized it was 2-2-2 and I announced we were going to take a picture. He played along great.
Meanwhile, Matt and I celebrated our two year, two month, two day anniversary. I think we might have eaten an icecream but I can't actually remember? I just know that I realized it was 2-2-2 and I announced we were going to take a picture. He played along great.
I've also been working on a quilt for Jax. The sailboat fabric was supposed to be the backing for McKay's quilt but I knew Alicia wanted to make matching quilts for the boys and it just seemed too cute to go on the back when it could be made into another quilt top... it used to just be a sailboat on blue fabric. Then it started evolving...
That paper thing is the outline of a whale. I sewed the big guy on yesterday and finished sewing the whole top together this morning. It is now dropped off to my quilter and should be quilted by sometime next week.
******************************************
Now to the fourth of July. I think my favorite part was the message Kimmy left me. It went something like this: "(singing quietly, I think it was late there) Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday America, Happy birthday to you... Hellooo. You didn't pick up your phone again... Well if you had answered I could have told you about the really cool 4th of July party I threw here at the JC tonight (Jerusalem Center). Everyone had to dress up as their favorite American hero and I was Paul Revere. We did a reinactment of the midnight run and everything. It was pretty sweet. Well, I guess I can't tell you about it because you didn't answer. But happy 4th of July! Love you!" Does that not sound exactly like Kimmy? I wish I had heard my phone ring, or heard it ring the two other times since then that she's called. I'm still waiting to here the rest of the story.
Matt and Madeleine and I had a neighborhood breakfast that we showed up an hour late to. Darn. Why does it have to start at 7 in the morning? One of our neighbors even fires off a cannon at 6:45 to make sure people are awake and coming. I heard it. And then I rolled over and went back to sleep like Matt did. We got there in time to visit with a few friends, eat some fruit, and play about 5 minutes of frisbee before Madeleine crawled into the touchdown box and wanted to be picked up.
Matt made french toast when we got home and Maddie decided not to take a morning nap. In liu of napping we went downtown for the festivities; there was a lot to see and a ton of people everywhere. We walked through the old courthouse where an art exhibit was being showcased and Madeleine liked that. Mainly she liked climbing on the big rounded marble staircase. Needless to say she was ready for her afternoon nap by the time we got home at 1.
After a nap we went to visit Grandma and Pop. We went over before everyone else came for fireworks because we didn't feel like keeping Maddie up that late for something that she doesn't understand/appreciate. We still lit a couple sparklers and Matt helped Madeleine hold it.
For those that didn't know, Provo also sponsors 3 days of hot air balloon launches. We went on Friday the 5th and loved it. There were maybe 20 or 25 balloons all filling up and launching from the same field and we were allowed to walk around in between them. Maddie really liked it. We planned on even going again Saturday but it was super stormy and we didn't think any of them would be lifting off in the inclement weather. I forgot my camera but Melory met us there and took a few. Those pictures will be forthcoming.
*********************************************
Last Saturday we got together for Kristen's birthday. Melory filled up a small pool out back for the kids and had the slip 'n slide going with the hose attached. Lincoln came over and announced to Matt that he (Lincoln) was going to help Madeleine walk. So the three of them mosied around the yard for awhile. Lincoln then wanted to push Maddie in the swing and for the most part he did great. His timing was really good with when to push and Maddie loved the attention. He stayed with her for probably 20 minutes, pushing her in the swing and getting water from the pool to keep the metal part of the swing cooled off.
We got to chat while she swung and he is pretty excited to have a new baby brother. This was part of our conversation:
Matt: What do you want to name the new baby?
Lincoln: William?
Matt: but you already have a William in your family. What other names do you like for the new baby?
Lincoln: Lincoln!
Matt: You could call him William Lincoln Haggard.
Lincoln: yeah!
Matt: what about Shark. Do you like the name Shark?
Lincoln: Yeah, I like that name.
Matt: Shark William Lincoln Haggard
Meanwhile Meleah and Pop were getting good use out of the slip 'n slide. I got a great sequence of shots of Pop going on it. The last one is my favorite I think; I smile every time I see it.
I adore the chevron shirt and sailboat quilt! Both are so cute. And you got some great action shots of the party. That was a fun day.
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH!!!!! I LOVE THE QUILT!!!! Love, love, love it! So will Jax. It may be too cute to use. I may have to put it away as a keepsake that he's never allowed to touch :) Thanks a million! Really loved your life updates. Time to do one about Alabama now :) Love you!
ReplyDelete