Differing opinions
Today at dinner Madeleine asked for a cup. She's very cute. She said "ka, ka" and was looking towards the refrigerator. She has her own little sort of half laugh that she uses to affirm when I guess right what it is she wants. So I went and got her a cup and filled it with about an inch of water and brought it to her. She drank from it really well and drank almost all of it. She reached for it and so I helped her get the last sip out of it. She reached for it again so I poured a bit of water from my cup into hers and tried to help her drink. She didn't want to drink it though; she wanted to hold it. I didn't want her to hold it. I knew it was going to be poured out and not drunk. She was insistent on holding it though and for a brief moment we both had our hands on it trying to get it away from the other. She was pulling it in a rapid side-to-side motion. I realized what was happening and let go, amused. She wanted the cup and she was going to pour it out even though I didn't want her to. She poured it out. And then she slapped her hands into the puddle on her tray. Victory.
Matt was pretty amused by the little interchange also. He said not to worry, she'll probably grow out of it by the time she's thirteen.
We're entering a new stage. It's amazing that only a little more than a year ago she didn't know how to hold her own head up let alone use her hands and exert her will in contrast to mine. Today it was really cute. I have a feeling it won't always seem as cute as it did today though.
Matt was pretty amused by the little interchange also. He said not to worry, she'll probably grow out of it by the time she's thirteen.
We're entering a new stage. It's amazing that only a little more than a year ago she didn't know how to hold her own head up let alone use her hands and exert her will in contrast to mine. Today it was really cute. I have a feeling it won't always seem as cute as it did today though.
Comments
Post a Comment