Haircuts
The other morning I got out my guitar and my viola and was playing them with Madeleine. In the picture below she's irritated that she has to be gentle with the viola (yes, we're playing cello style. M's arms aren't long enough to hold it up). My point, however, is how long her hair is. It drives me nuts imagining how it must feel to always have her hair constantly in her eyes. I usually try to put it up in a palm tree/fountain look or else pulled to the side with a clip or bow. They often get pulled out during the day though...
Side note: Madeleine adores Kimmy and I think the feeling is mutual. When I tell Madeleine Kimmy's coming over to play she stops what she's doing and looks around, calling her name, which sounds more like Timmy than Kimmy, but it's close enough. Yesterday Kim came over for dinner and the two of them chased each other around the house; the whole time M was laughing her really deep belly laugh. I LOVE that laugh. Kimmy also read Maddie books and M would add all the sound effects for what was happening on the page (animal sounds, fire sounds, train sounds, etc.). We <3 Kimmy.
So I decided it was time for her first real hair cut. Kimmy came over this morning and went with us to a salon in Lehi that specializes in little kids' cuts. They had various seats made to look like cars or trucks or airplanes; also, there is a TV at each station to keep kids attention (Maddie was enthralled probably because we usually don't have our TV out). At the end you get a balloon and sucker (we skipped the sucker). It was quick and fun and I think it looks really good.
The hair dresser pulled it to the side and showed me how to do a little side pony tail with a underneath twist (no tools, just with hands). When we got home I took a few more pictures with Auntie Kimmy and M. M often does a scrunchy nose when I take pictures of her.
Side note: Madeleine adores Kimmy and I think the feeling is mutual. When I tell Madeleine Kimmy's coming over to play she stops what she's doing and looks around, calling her name, which sounds more like Timmy than Kimmy, but it's close enough. Yesterday Kim came over for dinner and the two of them chased each other around the house; the whole time M was laughing her really deep belly laugh. I LOVE that laugh. Kimmy also read Maddie books and M would add all the sound effects for what was happening on the page (animal sounds, fire sounds, train sounds, etc.). We <3 Kimmy.
Matt is also due for a haircut. He's asked for one several times lately but then says he doesn't have the patience to do it when I offer. He said I can cut it tomorrow though. :)
I LOVE IT! She looks so different and older since we last saw her. Can you email me instructions about how she did the hair to the side thing? It's cute. Love you!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should to the hair to the side thing.
ReplyDelete