On completed projects

Many a project I have started... and some I have actually finished!  Now that Christmas has come and gone I can post pictures of the completed sewing projects that consumed so much of my time and creative energy during the fall.

The long-awaited quilt for my parents.  I think I've brainstormed a half a dozen quilts or more for my mom over the past ten years.  I get started with what I think is a brilliant idea and only to second-guess if it will be good enough or if she will even like it.  I'm not really sure why these thoughts creep in because I can't think of a single art project I've ever made that my mom hasn't praised me for.  Anyways, I had the same doubts when I was about half way through making this king-size quilt.  Fortunately Matt prodded me to keep going, not give up, and finally finish it.  I'm glad he did. 



This was a quick and easy diaper changer project.  It's a towel on one side and water-proof fabric on the back (in case of accidental wetting away from home).  I zigzag "quilted" the two layers of towel together.


This is a simple blanket I made for Madeleine.  The fabric and design are complementary from Melory.  I made several others like this for baby showers last year.

This picture was taken back at the beginning of October.

Then there were the picnic quilts I made for the sibling gift exchange this year:

Danny and Alisa's quilt

Close-up of Danny and Alisa's quilt edge and stitching
Joe and Julie's quilt.  I forgot to take any pictures of it before I gave it to them so Joe sent me these from his phone. Thanks Joe!

This is the back of J&J's.

I finished Madeleine's little baby buggie bumpers a few months ago.  I don't think I ever posted about that...


The two baby quilts are still incomplete, as is the fun reindeer red Christmas blanket.  ah, well... maybe this year.  :) 

Comments

  1. That last line I accidentally read as "funeral reindeer Christmas blanket" and I was like, "What in the world is THAT?" Then I reread it. It makes a lot more sense now. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef