Our activities during November and December
Since before Halloween up until Christmas I think I sewed all but only a few days. I started two baby quilts, two twin size quilts, a king size quilt, a Christmas blanket, a purple blanket for Madeleine, crib bumpers (finally), and a diaper-changer-thing to take with us when we're out and about. This is what my house often looked like before Matt and I instituted a nightly-pick-up ritual:
Turns out sewing and quilting can become quite an expensive hobby, so I promised Matt I would tone it down this year. There are still several projects on the docket but there are other meaningful or creative projects to do. For example, have you heard of createfan.com? If you have a familysearch.org account you can use that information to create a ancestry chart that looks like this:
Cool, huh? So I've been working on family history a lot lately to fill this out more.
As far as creative projects go, I've been branching out in my culinary arts repertoire A couple days ago I made borcht, a russian vegetable beef soup with beets, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and beef. It was delicious, thanks to a great recipe Sarah gave me! And tomorrow we are going to try Alicia's Indian butter chicken (curry) with naan, per Matt's request. He loved it when we had it at Alicia's house back in September. I'll take pictures when I make it, Alicia. :)
Turns out sewing and quilting can become quite an expensive hobby, so I promised Matt I would tone it down this year. There are still several projects on the docket but there are other meaningful or creative projects to do. For example, have you heard of createfan.com? If you have a familysearch.org account you can use that information to create a ancestry chart that looks like this:
Cool, huh? So I've been working on family history a lot lately to fill this out more.
As far as creative projects go, I've been branching out in my culinary arts repertoire A couple days ago I made borcht, a russian vegetable beef soup with beets, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, and beef. It was delicious, thanks to a great recipe Sarah gave me! And tomorrow we are going to try Alicia's Indian butter chicken (curry) with naan, per Matt's request. He loved it when we had it at Alicia's house back in September. I'll take pictures when I make it, Alicia. :)

Ooh, do you have a good naan recipe? Caitlin has been wanting me to make naan.
ReplyDeleteDid you make it? Great updates :) I'd like to see more pictures of the completed quilted projects.
ReplyDeleteDid you make it? Great updates :) I'd like to see more pictures of the completed quilted projects.
ReplyDelete