This birthday brought to you by the letter "b"

Matt took the day off for my birthday.  It was wonderful!  We woke up to Madeleine babbling in her crib, as usual.  She usually babbles by saying "da da da da" but that morning it was with the letter "b."  Matt and I were both excited for the new consonant.  I think "p" will be arriving here shortly as well--all the letters that she can possibly use to refer to Matt--da, ba, and pa.  :)  (We often call him "baba" because that's how you refer to men in Zimbabwe, where Matt was a missionary).

For breakfast Matt made oatmeal and then he played with Madeleine while I showered.  I got Maddie down for her morning nap around 9:30 and then went to the temple.  I hadn't been since before Thanksgiving because of traveling, illnesses, and bad timing.  It was great to go again.

Madeleine took a good long nap for Matt while I was gone, so when I got back the three of us went out to Molly's for lunch.  I had the potato corn chowder, carrots in the white gravy, cesar salad and cheddar biscuit.  Ah... I love Molly's.  :)  When we finished eating (Madeleine got to try some too) we went down to this very cool guitar shop on Center Street.  They sell guitars that they hand-make right there in the shop.  They sell some of the nicer factory-made models too.  It was a fun fieldtrip and it got me itching to play guitar again.

In the afternoon we had hoped to go cross country skiing but due to several factors, Madeleine's nap being one of them, we didn't make it.  Instead the three of us took naps and Matt creamed me in a game of Qwirkle, our new favorite game.  My excuse for losing by so much is that I was distracted by several fun birthday phone calls from family members. :)

For dinner Matt made tacos and Madeleine went to sleep pretty easily.  Thanks to everyone for the happy birthday wishes.  They worked!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday! And the butter chicken recipe looks great. I'll look for freezer naan, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new posts! It's fun to see what you guys have been up to. Congrats to Maddy for learning the letter b.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef