Birthday week

Last Tuesday Matt met Madeleine and I at the park by our house.  We just found it a couple weeks ago and have gone several times since.  Maddie loves it.  She loves the swings.  She loves watching kids (which there are usually many kids).  And she likes walking around on the equipment and going down the slide on a lap.  After several trips to the park I finally remembered to bring and use the camera. 





*********************************************************
Playing in the yellow tube that you crawl through to get up to tall slide.  I was on the outside and peeked in the holes.  Madeleine thought it was hilarious.



*********************************************************
Matt doesn't fit very well on this playground slide.  His feet are half way down while he's sitting at the top!



*********************************************************
We got home that night and had spaghetti, which is one of little M's favorites.  I fed her some with a fork and put some on her tray for her to pick up and eat herself.  She's really into feeding herself these days.  By the end of dinner she was covered in sauce.  It was in her hair, on her arms, hands, shirt, pants, and seat.  She went strait into the tub.


So I had great hopes for her actual birthday that it would be somewhat similar to this day.  It started out well--we went to the park in the morning with a friend and her 18-month old little girl which was a lot of fun. We got home a little late though and Maddie fell asleep almost as soon as she started nursing.  She slept an hour, ate lunch, and played out front pulling grass and weeds while we watched construction workers lay cement on the road by us.  

Matt came home for lunch and took the afternoon off but he had a pretty bad headache and laid on the couch for a while.  I put Maddie down and went to the grocery store but when I returned an hour later she was still awake and Matt still didn't feel well.  We played for a while and she loved the streamers but she never slept which made bedtime tear-filled and stressful.  We sang happy birthday to her and tried to get her to blow out a candle (she thought it was a fun game to try and touch it).  She also got to destroy a little lemon-flavored French cake Matt bought at the local French bakery; the little cakes are called "Madeleines."  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures on her actual birthday.  I brought the camera to the park in the morning I forgot to use it.  Hopefully the upcoming birthday party day will be a happier day for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef