Mother's Day weekend and sprinklers
It's been pretty hot here the past week or two--and the three of us have loved it. Madeleine's taken to the sprinklers. We came home Saturday afternoon from picking up mulch and walked across the street to get our mail. The Schmidt's sprinklers were on and Madeleine kept scooting in their direction as I held her. So we dropped our mail on our driveway and went back across to the sprinklers. They have the kind that attaches to a hose and rotates.
Despite my efforts to keep her dry Madeleine sat herself right down in the middle of a puddle on the sidewalk. The sprinkler was positioned to only get the grass but it got both of us wet whenever the wind blew while the sprinkler was up. After a few minutes I tried getting her up to walk but she wouldn't have it. The sprinklers, the wet grass, and the little helicopter seeds were all that she wanted. She helped me remember how entertaining and refreshing sprinkers can be.
For Mother's Day Matt made roast beef with carrots, potatoes, and rolls. It was great! In the afternoon we went to Mark and Melory's house. Again, Maddie found the sprinklers. Matt ran her through them and she giggled with delight each time she got wet. It was pretty hot so it must have felt great.
We ate strawberries out back and she swung on the baby swing. It gave me a glimpse of what this summer will be like with her--playing outside, eating fresh fruits, swinging at parks and playing in the water. I love it!
I was in charge of the activity for family home evening on Monday night. I decided the best activity would be to turn on the sprinklers in our own yard and play in them. Sure enough, it was a hit for the third day in a row.
I was in charge of the activity for family home evening on Monday night. I decided the best activity would be to turn on the sprinklers in our own yard and play in them. Sure enough, it was a hit for the third day in a row.
Here are a couple pictures from Sunday afternoon at Grandma Melory's:
Side note: Melory cleaned out her sewing room on Saturday and asked if I wanted to come take a look before she got rid of a bunch of fabric. I got over there after Maddie went down for her afternoon nap and there was fabric everywhere--in her car, on the table, on the ground in the basement and on chairs. It was like Christmas! So I have several new sewing projects on the docket. The problem is I have five or six I'm still in the middle of. But what a great problem to have, huh? I started cutting out fabric for a quilt this morning.
Comments
Post a Comment