What God gave me time for

Matt sent me this video a few days ago along with, "I like this."  


Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

For me, being a mother is the most important calling I'll have in this life.  And right now I love being a mom.  In a blessing I received I was promised that great will be my happiness and joy as I become a mother...  I think this is probably true for many people.

I went to visit my old roommate Jamie yesterday morning.  Our lives are totally different from several years ago when we were single roommates!  Yesterday we sat on the ground with our kids.  We walked a few houses up the street to look at a stream.  We put socks and shoes and sweaters on little feet and torsos, changed diapers, and fed hungry mouths that weren't our own and wiped hands and faces clean again.

It's hard for me to express my feelings about how important our opportunity is to have children but I feel the truth of Elder Anderson's talk about children resonate inside of me.   You can read or listen to his whole talk here.

The reason I am here is because I choose to be here.  And God is giving me time to repent, or change, to become like He is.  He is a father.  And being a father is his most important role.  His children and their eternal happiness is His work and glory.  God blessed Abraham to have posterity like the sands of the sea.  I remember thinking about that after Madeleine was born.  I admit that I wondered how endless posterity could be so great when I was so grumpy and tired with just one.  But He wants me to be a mother and to make my children's welfare my work and my glory too.  His gift to me is time.  And my gift to him is what I'm doing with that time.  One day I'll stand before Him and be accountable for what I've done with my time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February in review

What's up Doc?

Capitol Reef